Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tuesday & Wednesday- June 25-26

 I’m laughing as I write this post because I came into this trip thinking that there would be a lot of days where I just felt really lonely (which there might be, but that’s besides the point). And the only American friends I would leave with would be Stacy and her kids. I laugh now because it’s the most ridiculous thing ever.

I’ve spent the last two days with my new friend Kayla. She works for a local hospice ministry, Tuesday-Thursday, making home visits to check on their patients. She graciously let me tag along yesterday and today (Tuesday and Wednesday). Tuesday the patients weren’t in their home so we went for lunch. It was so much fun getting to share our life story and how we ended up in Ethiopia. How awesome is our God that he can bring two people from two totally different places together in a third world country?! And to think I wouldn’t have any friends…

Wednesday we made our way through Korah to a lady’s home that tried to commit suicide earlier this week because someone insulted her. We were there to encourage her and pray for her. As we were praying the lady was very unresponsive. Then the man praying outloud asked her, “Who are you?” she straightened up and answered, “I am Satan.” He then asked, “How many are there?” and she replied, “We are three.” The lady screamed three times indicating each demon that was leaving her body. It was the craziest thing. And not the mention, the whole thing was in Amharic, so I didn’t know exactly what was going on until Kayla translated it all for me afterwards. I’ve heard about this kind of thing happening but I never thought I would be able to witness it for myself. It is so hard to describe out loud, and even harder to describe in a blog post.

Korah is a dark place, full of spiritual warfare, but God is here. I see him everyday in the face of the beautiful, stinky, snot nosed children that make each day worth getting up for. I see him in the smiles and songs of the women making paper beads. And I see him in my fearless leader, Stacy as I learn more about her and her heart for these children. There is no doubt that God is here and he is working, especially in my heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment